Unbale to connect to a Server in ExpressVPN App? Well, sometimes it happens often. But if you still face “Couldn’t Connect” no matter how many times you try. Then you should be cautious and troubleshoot yourself. If you don’t know what to do, this guide is for you.
Troubleshooting is a DIY process to make ExpressVPN work again in very few seconds. Here There are Quick Troubleshooting tips you should try to enjoy the service again.
Quick Troubleshooting Steps
These are 😎some cool DIY Troubleshooting to ensure your VPN Service runs again normally. Follow these steps one by one for quick & easy fixes to your issues. If any issues still persist beyond this troubleshooting, then it might be your device preventing the VPN.
1. Try Connecting to Other ExpressVPN Server
If your internet is working fine without ExpressVPN then try switching to another server in the country continuing the services you want to enjoy. ExpressVPN Server location can help you in short.
2. Update your ExpressVPN
Monthly updates will fix the issues you face with App, either it’s your phone or VPN App. It’s simple to update the ExpressVPN. Here are the steps to download the latest version, follow the steps below.
- Uninstall ExpressVPN from your device after closing it from background
- Visit their official site and choose your platform.
- Download & install the latest ExpressVPN App on your device
3. Check your Internet Connection
If any of the above two steps didn’t work for you then you should really check your internet connection once. Test your internet connection by opening something on your browser. If your internet connection is not good then you need to troubleshoot it.
Restart your Android or iPhone if you are using it. Follow this guide to troubleshoot if you are on Windows. After this, you can connect again to continue using the ExpressVPN service.
But, if your internet connection is fine and the above two steps didn’t solve your issue, then you need to try something better using the below-mentioned steps.
4. Limit the Simultaneous Usage
If you have shared your credentials with your friends or family members. Remember that the VPN service provider can support only 5 devices at a time. So if there are more than 5 devices trying to connect to the Sever. you will not connect.
Make sure that you aren’t connected to more than 5 devices.
5. Turn off Defenders and Firewalls
In General, you don’t need to turn off Antivirus or firewalls. Sometimes defenders & spyware programs will block VPN Connection, so to check that once disable these programs and try connecting to ExpressVPN again.
If this works and now you can enjoy EexpressVPN again, then you need to tweak some configurations. Follow the steps.
Configure Firewall or Antivirus
If you are techy with proper knowledge on how to configure Antivirus programs to allow VPN Connection then you can properly do it.
- Switch Secruity levels (High—-> Medium)
- Create an Exception for ExpressVPN or UDP Port (1194-1204)
Reinstall or Uninstall Antivirus Programs
If the above configuration didn’t work. Then you have to say Bye👋 to your antivirus and freshly reinstall it. Because they might have some compatibility issues and will be solved in updates.
it will be the same as you reinstall ExpressVPN on your device.
6. Change VPN Protocol on your ExpressVPN
Sometimes, switching between the ExpressVPN protocols will help you. Though ExpressVPN recommends using Automatic protocol, this might resolve the connectivity issue. Here I am mentioning the list of protocols offered by ExpressVPN.
- Open VPN TCP
- Open VPN UDP
Here’s how you can change the VPN protocols in the ExpressVPN Windows App.
- Click on the Hamburger icon (≡) on the menu and choose options from the list.
- Click on Protocol Section and choose a protocol among the available and click ok. Then check again.
7.Flush Your DNS
Sometimes, your system unable to communicate with a DNS server so you will not get access to the internet when connected to ExpressVPN. To fix this issue you need to follow few steps.
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator
- Type ‘ipconfig /flushdns‘ and hit enter
- Type ‘ipconfig /registerdns‘ and hit enter
- Type ‘ipconfig /release‘ and hit enter
- Type ‘ipconfig /renew‘ and hit enter
- Type ‘netsh winsock reset‘ and hit enter
- Restart your computer and connect to ExpressVPN
8. Share your diagnostic information file to ExpressVPN
If none of the above steps work for you then the best alternative you have is to run a diagnostic and share the file with the ExpressVPN support team. It’s the best possible solution we have. Well, this procedure is slightly different for Phones & PC.
Procedure for Android & iOS
- Click on the (≡) Option on the top & choose Help and Support
- Click on Contact Support & describe your issue with them.
- Tick the box mentioning “Include details about the errors or include diagnostic file”.
Procedure for Windows & Mac
- Click on the (≡) Option on the top & choose Help and Support
- Click on Email us or Contact Support to describe your issue
- Click on Send or Submit button and you are done.
9. Fix the issues after diagnostics yourself
Well, this step is advisable only for persons having profound knowledge in tech otherwise better to reach the customer support of ExpressVPN. if you still want to give it a try yourself then take help from this guide.
If you still face issues and do not get them solved through any means. Try ExpressVPN Alternatives.
Best ExpressVPN Alternatives
- 5500+ Servers over 62+ Countries
- Reliable Streaming Speeds without interruptions in HD Quality
- Toughest Military-grade encryption with double VPN for better privacy
- Torrenting support with additional features of unblocking Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and others
- Supports 6 simultaneous device connections
- Strict No-logs policy
- 30 Days full refund policy
NordVPN will be a great choice among Top VPNs with better performance, speeds. Special thanks to its NordLynx protocol prevent’s any interruptions while streaming in superior quality (4K). NordVPN grooms the server network with its gigantic 5500+ servers means you can present virtually less than a finger snap.
NordVPN is capable of unblocking popular streaming services like Amazon Prime, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+ along Netflix. Not only UK, UK, Canada, Australia, Japan France, etc NordVPN can unblock any streaming service library.
NordVPN uses 2048 bit encryption which is a diamond nut-shell. No ISP or government or any third-party member can know what you are doing online. To benefits you furthermore NordVPN has dedicated P2P torrent servers.
While streaming Netflix with NordVPN, the kill switch will prevent getting home regional content if you drop your internet connection. Also, for any issues, they are providing 24/7 customer support through chat as well.
If you want to try this VPN consider their 30 days money-back guarantee program. You will get a full refund if you don’t like this VPN service.
2. Cyberghost VPN
- Massive Server network of 6500+ Servers
- Unblocks Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer
- Latest VPN protocols to route your traffic as normal user traffic.
- Good Server Streaming Speed
- Supports 7 simultaneous device connections.
- 24/7 Customer Support.
- 45 days money-back guarantee program.
Cyberghost VPN is one of the best VPNs for personal use for streaming & torrenting. It will make sure that your identity is un-traceable on the internet with its end-to-end encryption. Its generous server network allows you to unblock all streaming services UK, US, France, Japan, and others libraries.
Cyberghost also offers dedicated servers for P2P torrenting & IP Addresses. So, all your traffic seems to be very usual for your ISP. Well compatible with all streaming platforms with the latest VPN protocols.
Speeds are mouth-full for streaming the content in 4K but you should have a good internet speed. Though this VPN is a bit expensive to buy when you compare the features & prices side by side it’s the best value for money.
Cyberghost VPN provides your 24/7 customer support and if you want to taste their VPN service once, you can start with their 45 days money-back guarantee program.
- 3200+ Servers in hotspot countries
- Easily unblocks Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer
- Optimized Servers for Torrenting
- Intutive interface with reliable performance
- Supports Unlimited simultaneous device connections.
- Zero log policy.
- 24/7 Customer Support
Some people will look for a VPN that is specially crafted for long-term usage, this is one among those VPNs offering tough encryption for better privacy. The best part is you can connect as many devices as you can.
There are no complaints like IP/DNS leaks during our tests either regarding the connection or the streaming speeds. Everything is fine. Surfshark is compatible with almost all the platforms available.
You will get 24/7 live customer support for any trouble you face while you use it for Netflix. This can also unblock streaming services likes Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and others.
Surfshark is a useful VPN at a cheaper price, if you want to just dip your toes on water try their 30-days money-back guarantee program before you start surfing.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN Service provider in the market and best known for its unblocking platforms. But sometime’s there will be issues you can try to fix yourself with the above-mentioned methods. If everything didn’t work then you should contact their 24/7 customer support for a quick fix.
If you are fed up without any solution claim your refund in the first 30 days and try other alternative VPNs mentioned.
FAQs Related to ExpressVPN Not Working
ExpressVPN Not Working with Netflix?
ExpressVPN Not Working For China?
Their VPN service will also work in China if you still face any issues. Then try clear data of ExpressVPN App on your device and then open the App to choose servers to unblock effectively.
ExpressVPN Not Working with Amazon Prime?
You can resolve this issue by clearing the Amazon Prime App from the background and try to switch between different servers and then open Amazon Prime to continue your streaming or try to reach customer support for further issues.
ExpressVPN Not Working with Hulu?
ExpressVPN works fine when we check with Hulu after connecting to New Jersey & Denver Server. Try connecting to these servers once and check again.
BBC iPlayer Not Working with ExpressVPN?
BBC iPlayer is a free streaming service in the UK, but they have powerful geo-blocking technology. ExpressVPN can handle them with ease, but if it’s not working means. Try clearing the cache of your browser.