Mangago is a trendy destination for reading manga online for free. Unfortunately, many workplaces, high schools, and colleges have blocked the destination due to copyright infringement and inappropriate content. There’s no need to worry though, as you’ll be learning how to unblock Mangago with a VPN in this article, with ease.
Short On Time? Follow The Steps Below To Unlock Mangago
- Shutdown other VPNs if you use multiple VPNs
- Try connecting to a different VPN server
- Try using Double-VPN or MultiHop VPN connections
- Use an obfuscated server to access Mangago
- Use a dedicated IP address to access Mangago
- Clear Browser Cookies and Cache
- Try a different VPN
Why Can’t I Access Mangago With A VPN?
You may not be able to access Mangago, even with a VPN, for many reasons. It could be that your VPN simply isn’t functional, or something on your device could be blocking the VPN connection. Below are some of the reasons why your VPN isn’t working as intended.
- Other VPNs on your device may interfere with your current VPN connection.
- Your ISP may have blocked the VPN server’s IP address.
- Your VPN isn’t configured correctly.
- Your VPN has an IP or DNS leak, revealing your real location.
- If you live in a country with strict VPN laws, your government may have banned the VPN protocols.
- If you have slow internet, your VPN may not function as intended
While these are the main reasons your VPN may fail to work, keep in mind that the issue could be with your device as well. Hence, we recommend trying out a different VPN first – that way you can confirm whether the issue is with the VPN or your device.
For that matter, we recommend using NordVPN, as it is currently the industry-leading VPN. If NordVPN works with Mangago, then it is likely that the issue was with the VPN that you were previously using. If you do not wish to try out a different VPN, feel free to follow the fixes below, as they may just work.
How To Fix Mangago Not Working With A VPN?
Because there are many reasons your Mangago isn’t working with a VPN, there are also many fixes to try. Let’s get started.
1. Uninstall/Disable All Other VPNs
The first step is to make sure that no other VPNs are interfering with your current VPN connection. So, if you are a person that has multiple VPNs on their device, make sure to shut all of them down or uninstall them if you are not using them. In order to shut down all the other VPNs, you can use the Task Manager on Windows.
- Press Control + Alt + Del on your keyboard
- Select Task Manager
- Search for any background VPN processes that belong to other VPNs
- Click on them, and select “End Task“
Most VPNs run in the background even when you are not using the VPN, so they can load quicker. However, sometimes they end up interfering with your main VPN connection, which can cause issues. Always ensure that you are running one VPN at a time to prevent any issues with your connection.
2. Try Connecting To A Different VPN Server
If you still can’t access Mangago with a VPN, try switching servers. This has worked for many, and it is the basic thing to do when your VPN does not work right. Simply connect to any different server, for example, Japan, and then see if you can access Mangago.
- Start Your VPN application
- Connect to the Japan Servers
- Head over to Mangago to see if it works
If the issue has been fixed, then it was probably because your ISP had banned your previous VPN connection IP address. Whenever your VPN is down, always try connecting to different servers as that fixes most of the issues that are related to geoblocking.
3. Use Double VPN or MultiHop
If you are using an industry-grade VPN, then you must have the Double VPN or MultiHop feature installed. These features make your VPN bounce from two servers instead of one, providing double the anonymity, and letting you bypass most blocks with ease.
- Start your VPN Client
- Find the Double VPN or MultiHop feature
- Click on it to connect to the Double VPN servers
That’s it. Now try heading to Mangago to see if it works. Your connection will now be bouncing back and forth between two VPN servers, which will give you access to a lot more content that was initially blocked for you. Double VPN and MultiHop essentially do the same thing, just that the name and branding is different.
4. Use Obfuscated Servers
If you are still unable to access Mangago with a VPN, it could be that your government and ISP have blocked the VPN connection based on the traffic rather than the content. Essentially, they do not know what you do with the VPN, but they are able to identify that the IP address belongs to the VPN due to the traffic, hence they are able to ban those IP addresses.
- Start NordVPN
- Click on Obfuscated Servers
- Check Mangago to see if it works now
In order to avoid this, you will have to use an obfuscated server. Most top-notch VPNs offer obfuscated servers so you can access everything on the web while staying anonymous. If your VPN doesn’t have obfuscated servers, it may be time to change your VPN. Simply get NordVPN and connect to an obfuscated server in a single click.
5. Try Using A Dedicated IP Address
A dedicated IP address is one that belongs to you, and other people cannot access it. It limits traffic, so not even the government or your ISP can figure out if your VPN’s IP address belongs to a VPN. The best way to bypass all geoblocks is by getting a dedicated IP address.
- Start NordVPN
- Click on the Dedicated IP address button to connect
- Head over to Mangago to see if it works now
While not all VPNs provide dedicated IP addresses, there are those that do. For example, NordVPN, SurfShark, PIA, and CyberGhost all provide dedicated IP addresses. Feel free to get any of those VPNs, as they are also the top VPNs in the industry.
6. Clear Browser Cookies & Cache
If you have tried all of the fixes above and your VPN still fails to unlock Mangago, your browser could be revealing your real location through browser fingerprinting. In order to give your browser and Mangago a fresh start, you will have to clear the cookies and cache. You do not have to remove all cookies and cache, as you can simply remove Mangagos cookies and cache.
- Head over to Mangago and select the Lock icon by the address bar
- Select Clear Cookies And Site Data
- Click on Remove
- Refresh the page and see if it works now!
Different browsers have different pop-ups to remove the cache, but it can generally be done by the button on the left side of the address bar. If you still are unable to access Mangago with a VPN, it may be time for you to change your VPN provider.
7. Change Your VPN Service Provider
If everything above did not help unlock Mangago for you, then it is time to change your VPN service provider. We recommend NordVPN, as it has 24/7 live chat support that helps you quickly resolve any issues you face. It also has a top-notch encryption system, dedicated IP address, Double VPN, Obfuscated Servers, Data Breach Monitoring, and much more – at a very affordable price.
We hope you were able to access Mangago with a VPN. If you run into any issues, feel free to contact your VPN service provider, or leave us a comment below – we’ll be happy to help out!