Obfuscated servers, as the name suggests, these servers are made to hide the fact that you are using a VPN or Tor and make it pretend as regular internet browsing activity. These servers become really important when you are visiting a country like China which has implicated the Great Firewall Of China to restrict its citizens from surfing popular websites such as Facebook, Google, WhatsApp, Gmail, etc.
There are just a few VPN Providers that provide Obfuscated Servers but personally, I trust Nord VPN for this. In the next lines, I’ll tell you what NordVPN’s Obfuscated servers are and how and why to use them.
What are NordVPN Obfuscated Servers?
NordVPN created a list of VPN servers that are mainly focused on bypassing censorship of countries such as China and Russia where other alternatives don’t work. It isn’t just about whether they will work or not but if you get caught then you might face a penalty with a really huge amount.
But when you use an obfuscated serve, they mask your VPN usage and make it appear as if it is a regular internet activity by turning your traffic which is encrypted via VPN into regular HTTPS traffic.
How to use Obfuscated servers by NordVPN?
Using NordVPN Obfuscated servers is really a play of child but before it, you should remember it there are few countries such as UAE, Iran, China, etc. where you can even download only VPNs which are approved by their respective countries. In such cases, it is better to download it before you travel. Here’s how to do it:
How to download and install NordVPN
- Go to NordVPN’s official website.
- Signup for an account.
- Subscribe to one of its plans which best suits you (don’t worry even if you regret your decision you can ask for money-back within 30 Days)
- Once made the payment, you’ll be redirected to the Dashboard, Here go to Download Apps in the right sidebar.
- Now choose your platform and download will start automatically.
- From here you can install NordVPN App as you install other apps, depends on your platform.
How to connect to an NordVPN obfuscated server
- Run NordVPN and click on the settings button in the top left in Mac and top right in Windows.
- Here click on Advanced Settings and scroll down until you see Obfuscated Servers.
- Here, toggle the on/off button to enable Obfuscated Servers.
- Once enabled, Go to NordVPN main Window and scroll down the list of servers until you see Speciality Servers.
- Here you will see that Obfuscated Servers is now enabled and now click on it and you will be connected to it shortly.
Didn’t get the steps? Let me demonstrate you using a video:
Doubts or problems?
If you still have any doubt or problems related to this article then feel free to contact us via our dedicated page. Our team will try to reach you as soon as possible.