Curious it is worth using a VPN with IPTV or not? Then this guide will help you to find if you really need one or not. Here is when you need a VPN while using IPTV and when you don’t.
When I chose IPTV instead of traditional cable TV, I had so many doubts regarding my experience and privacy. To clear my all doubts I tried to figure out with my team what happens when I don’t use a VPN while using IPTV and what changes when I start using it with a VPN service. Here are the results which I and my team get after testing thoroughly and created a guide for our readers on whether you need a VPN to use IPTV or not.
Internet Protocol TV or IPTV has become a cheaper and much entertaining alternative to traditional cable TVs in recent years. As the popularity of IPTV is increasing so do concerns regarding user privacy and wherever we have doubts regarding online privacy increases, the use of VPNs becomes a must. But you don’t need to use a VPN with IPTV always but in the next lines, I’ll tell you when you need a VPN to use IPTV services and when you don’t.
Why you might need a VPN with IPTV
IPTV provides two types of services in which some services are legal such as Netflix, HULU, etc. while there are some services which are illegal and it might be hard for you to know whether you are using illegal one or legal. To ensure your own safety it is better to use a VPN. Not just it there are other things which make a VPN useful to use IPTV.
Here are a few reasons why you might need a VPN for IPTV Streaming:
- Speed Throttling: When we use IPTV some of our Internet Service Provider(ISP) put speed throttling over video streaming platforms to ensure their users won’t increase data traffic on their networks which causes us in slow speed and you face buffering again and again. But when we use a VPN for IPTV it works as a mask between us and our ISP. And our ISP can not find what we are doing with our data. In this way, you can bypass throttling easily and enjoy without unnecessary loading.
- Bypass geolocation restrictions: Another problem which I faced while using IPTV is that when I was using my service I can not find my favourite series in my country’s catalogue and it is normal to face such a problem because of copyrights related to content distribution and it may happen that your IPTV service doesn’t have a licence to distribute that content in your location. But when we use a VPN your IPTV will connect to the servers of that specific country from which you want to access your content without any worries.
- Privacy: This is the main purpose behind using a VPN which surfing on internet. When you use internet your ISP keeps track of each and every online activity you are doing online and thus put some restrictions on you. But when you use a VPN, it creates a layer between you and your ISP and transmits encrypted data which is hard to decrypt and your ISP, government authorities and any other prying eyes can’t trace whatever you are doing with your internet. It isn’t just useful for IPTV but also for when you are using any torrent or something like that.
What should you consider before buying a VPN for IPTV Streaming
Now you know why you need a VPN for using IPTV, here I will tell you what should you consider before buying a VPN.
- Speed: Whenever we use any streaming service speed is the main factor which we need so we can use our service without unnecessary buffering and we can enjoy our show without any delay and frustration. A good VPN never slow down your connection speed.
- The number of servers and their location: If you want to access content from any other country or you just want to bypass geolocation restrictions then this is the thing which you should consider. The nearer the server the better and if you choose a VPN with good no. of servers then the server which you are connected to will have less load and will provide you with a better speed.
- Support on different platforms: As we know IPTV is supported by multiple platforms so it is better to choose a VPN which supports each and every device you are using.
- Price: Everything is about money, isn’t it? There are so many VPNs available in the market which are too pricey but when we look at their services they don’t deserve it. So we strongly suggest you choose a VPN which fits your pocket and provide you with good service.
By keeping all these factors in mind and to save your time, my team created a list of best 5 VPNs to use IPTV after thoroughly testing over 50 VPNs. Here is what my team got:
Best 5 VPNs to use IPTV
Now you know whether you need a VPN to use IPTV or not and you have made up your mind to buy a VPN for you then here is the list of best 5 VPNs for IPTV which my team created after testing thoroughly. Let’s have a look:
Nord VPN: On the bases of my opinion, I will strongly suggest you give a try to Nord VPN. It is at #1 on our list because when we tested it for IPTV it was the best among all the tested 50 VPNs. It has the fastest servers all around the world, provides AES-256 encryption which is also called Military-grade encryption
Not just it, it is available for almost all the devices where you can run IPTV and you can run NordVPN upto 6 devices at a single time. It is very easy-to-use apps even for beginners, all at a very competitive price which start from as low as $3.71 per month.Try NordVPN Now!
Express VPN: It has 3,000+ high-performance servers in 94 countries, at 164 global locations all over the globe which ExpressVPN an impressive speed. And it is also ranked among the best VPNs available for Streaming.
If we talk about its supported platform then it is also available for almost all the devices where you can access the internet and you can use it on 5 devices at a single time. And for its pricing it comes with a monthly plan of as low as $8.32/month and it also comes with a money-back guarantee of 30 days.Try Express VPN For Free!
CyberGhost: When I tested Cyberghost with IPTV in different regions in servers across USA, Canada, Japan, Australia, Germany, Spain, France and the Netherlands. I was able to watch content from connected countries all the time and get connected in the first attempt. And the speed of my connection was far better than the other VPN for IPTV which we haven’t mentioned in our list.
If we talk about its pricing then you can buy it for as low $2.75 monthly. It also gives you 30 days money-back guarantee in case if you don’t like it.Try Cyberghost VPN For Free!
IPVanish: It is based in US and has 1500+ servers in 75+ different locations which provide you with a better speed. It has strict “no log” policies which make it as completely safe to use. When I tried it to stream IPTV, the results were quite satisfactional. If we talk about its price, it starts from $3.75 per month. It also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it for free.Try IPVanish For Free!
SurfShark: The last in our list of top 5 VPNs for using IPTV without any risk, but don’t underestimate it. Surfshark is based in the British Virgin Islands and has more than 1700 servers in 160 locations in 64 countries which provide us with a better speed. Excellent VPN with a “nologs” policy equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and a very competitive price compared to the other four suggested above.
We haven’t mentioned this VPN just because of it but also its support of devices which is its main advantage over other VPNs. You can use it on almost every platform where you have access to internet and with an unlimited number of devices at a single time.
Surfshark’s monthly price starts at $1.99, which is one of the lowest prices on the market for a full VPN. It also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try SurfShark For Free!
Do I need a paid VPN to use IPTV or a free VPN is enough?
Whenever someone asks me if I need a VPN to use IPTV or any other services or is a free VPN is enough for their needs then I always go against it. The reason? It’s really simple, nothing comes for free.
Everyone needs money, even if he doesn’t want to earn from it but to maintain a company it needs resources and obviously the most important resource is money. Now the question arrives how do they earn it even if they are selling it for free?
As I told you in the lines mentioned above, whenever you connect to internet or surf something on it your ISP records your online activities but in this even if you are not connected directly via your ISP, here your VPN records your online activities which is even more dangerous because they are thinking to sell it to third parties to earn which is a total violation of your privacy.
Is it bad for just privacy? Obviously no. A free VPN provider doesn’t have enough resources to maintain a large no. of servers and a single server gives a connection to so many users which directly affect your connection speed which is even worst then throttling and I think you don’t want this.
Are these only reasons that I am not suggesting you against using a free VPN? The answer is again no. On this topic, I have written a complete guide on Free vs Paid VPN to clear your all doubts.
In this guide, I have tried to clear all of your doubts regarding whether you need a VPN to use IPTV or not. If you still have any doubt or suggestions related to “Do I need a VPN to use IPTV” then feel free to contact us via our dedicated page.