Do you want to access a title on Netflix or Prime and then encounter a message “This Content is not available in your country“? This is common and you’ll notice the same with many sites. This is mainly due to Geoblocking. Here in this blog, we will discuss, what is Geoblocking and how to bypass this for Netflix and other sites.
If you want to avoid geoblocks then read this quick guide, and I assure you, you’ll never face geo-blocks issues again. So before you bypass the Netflix Geo-block, let’s find out what Geo-blocking actually is.
⏳ Short in time? Here is a quick guide for you:
NordVPN is the overall🔥 best VPN in bypassing geo-blocks with an ample number of servers. Also, NordVPN works well with streaming platforms like International Netflix, Hulu, Prime, Hotstar, and Disney+. Server speed is reliable And there are 30 days money-back guarantee so no risk in trying this VPN.
What is Geoblocking?
Understanding this concept is very simple as the name suggests that Geo in the title “Geo-blocking” signifies the geographical location where the user device resides. While the second term Blocking in the “Block” simply strikes an idea in your mind.
Yes, this refers to a technology that is used to restrict the user to access the content that is available on the internet bases on your location(geographical). You might already be faced that you are unable to access some content in your region. Like accessing some Netflix content or content from other sites. To make a clear picture, let’s find out how your location is identified.
How they identify your Geolocation?
Your device location is identified using your IP address against the sites which are blacklisted or whitelisted in your region along with the network delay which makes a physical location of your device. While this results in accessing the content that you are eligible to watch or not. This will be very helpful in showing the results like currency in your region and entities near your location.
Why Netflix and other streaming services like Prime Video, Crunchyroll using Restrictions?
To answer this question, we need some discussion here.
Netflix has been one of the best streaming platforms for widespread users in the world. Offering TV shows, movies, anime, and content owned by other vendors along with their Netflix Originals. As this content has Copyrights and licenses. These factors will make the content to be watched by only particular region people.
But sometimes Netflix offers the content to other locations as well either by modifying the content or making it limited for a particular time. This forces Netflix to maintain its sites in different regional libraries with different content in different regions.
If you just curious🤔 to check is it real? Then use unogs.com and you will believe your eyes. But, the question here is you are paying the same as others?
So, after the discussion here are some points why Netflix uses Geoblocking to maintain different libraries:
- To avoid these copyright violations, Netflix started using Geoblocking to offer sensitive content to its users.
- Because the content creators or the companies cannot get the global license and Netflix cannot make this content be streamed globally.
- Another reason is that the copyright holders might sell this content for other countries to stream on different sites and TV Networks.
- So if Netflix has the rights to stream one thing in one country it might don’t have to in another country. Ok, so far it is clear that they will use Geoblocking for the content they don’t own as they don’t have the rights.
Why Netflix Uses Geo Restrictions for Netflix Originals?
Don’t get😨 scared!. Most of the Netflix Originals are available on Netflix all over the world where the streaming service is working. But there are some exceptions for a few contents like Orange Is the New Black or Lilyhammer are not accessible to all-region. Netflix tells a reason that these shows came out When the Netflix service is not available worldwide.
- At that time Netflix Streaming is available in only a few countries. So Netflix sold the licensing rights to third parties in the countries where the service is not present. Which comes under Geoblocking.
- But Still, this will be unclear because despite having a global presence Netflix can’t stream Originals to the countries where they don’t have rights anymore.
So they have to wait for the License to get expired or they have to buy the license from them again. As there are possibilities that they will ask for higher prices or Netflix don’t have interest in buying them as there are many other ways to stream.
How to Avoid or Bypass Geoblocking in Netflix and other services?
After knowing the reasons behind Netflix Geoblokcing against the content in different countries. Waiting ⌛for the content to get released in your country isn’t a good option where you might get ended for so long. So, there are different ways where you can bypass or avoid Geoblocking to watch your favorite content on Netflix. There are currently three ways listed below.
- Smart DNS.
The best and tested way that I prefer is using a VPN as it is most safe and secure. And in this article, we will discuss how to use a VPN to Bypass Netflix geoblocks.
What is VPN and How to use it to bypass geo-blocks?
Before using VPN first know how VPN will work and why should we need it. VPN’s are Simply Virtual Private Network which will create a private network and give you privacy from the public internet connection. These VPNs will mask your IP provided from ISP which makes your online actions untraceable.
A Good VPN service will establish secure and encrypted connections to provides better privacy than a secured Wi-Fi hotspot. And allow you to change your IP and location to anywhere in the world and bypass geoblocks easily. Now let’s see steps quickly to bypass geoblocks.
Steps to bypass geoblocking
This method works for all devices including iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows, and also in all the countries. So doesn’t matter where you are and which device you’re using.
- Pick a good VPN, I prefer using NordVPN and in this guide also I’ll be using the same.
- Download & Install VPN, check out our guides for Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS Installations.
- Open the NordVPN app on your device and log in or sign up for your account.
- Click on the Quick Connect option so you will be quickly connected to the fastest server available.
- You can also swipe up from the bottom, it will show the servers available all over the world.
- For demonstration purposes here I am connecting to a United States server to bypass geo-blocking.
- Open Netflix or any other streaming service, you will find the content in the US, but you are in India.
🥳Kudos! you are now able to watch whatever you want on Netflix by simply changing the geolocation in your VPN.
Using this procedure you can also unblock the content in different regions like the USA, Canada, Spain, Italy, and the UK. And unblock other geo-blocked websites and services.
Why use NordVPN only?
So, A Question should come to your mind? Why NordVPN while there are many VPNs available in the play stores and websites. Here we will mention some of the unique and best features of NordVPN which makes it stand out of the way from other VPNs available on the internet.
- Security: With NordVPN your internet surfing will be secure
- Ultra-fast Connection: While with some VPNs you need to sacrifice the internet connection speed. But, with NordVPN you need to sacrifice it.
- Privacy: As NordVPN won’t share or track the user data
- Servers: Their VPN Servers are everywhere with more than 5400+ all over the world
- Platforms support: With NordVPN you can log in to multiple devices along with many features like Dedicated IP. Even share large files across systems with easy to use interface.
NordVPN is one of the best VPN as it offers high-grade security. There will be no DNS/IPv6 leaks. If you are someone who needs more security this one also offers Onion over VPN. You will also get six simultaneous connections per subscription along with Netflix streaming ability.
NordVPN is considered an all-rounder with fast internet speeds. This VPN has a Simple UI so that even a beginner can understand it easily. This VPN is available at a competitive price. NordVPN is also a good choice for unblocking the geo-blocked content in different platforms such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime, and other streaming Apps.
Also, they are offering 30 days of the money-back guarantee program. So you can try this without any risk. So, if you don’t like the app then you will get your full refund within 5 days. And if you need a VPN for 1-2 weeks only then can try NordVPN for free using its money-back program.
🔥 NordVPN latest Deals: If you want to bypass geoblock’s in your country now then go through this hidden link and massive 65% discount right now. This discount offer may expire soon.
FAQs Related to Geo-blocking
Is Geoblocking legal?
According to geoblocking regulations, it’s depends based on nationality and the service they are offering.
Is it safe to use VPN to bypass Geoblocking?
How to Know Whether I Got Geo-Restricted?
Check for a TV Show or Movie you want on unogs.com. If it is not available in your country, then Netflix geo-restricted it.
Can I Unblock Netflix?
Yes, you can unblock and enjoy all Netflix libraries. You can check our detailed guide on How to unblock other Netflix Libraries.
As we have discussed Geoblocking makes it valid in terms of rights and License. But according to the user’s point of view, this is not a justification as we are paying the same streaming prices. Why we should be restricted in content streaming. Though they might take a different fee for the content in different regions.
Users should get the contents that they want to access without hesitation.🤩Luckily, there is a way to bypass them with a VPN.