That’s 🥺sad and really it’s difficult to enjoy anime like this.
And now you’re searching for a way to add custom subtitles somehow. Then your search ends up right on this page. In this article, I’m going to show you how to add custom English subtitles to any Anime series on Netflix.
And also I’ll show an example, so you can see that this is actually working.
⏳ Short in time? Here is a quick guide for you:
- Inorder to add custom subtitles for anime. First, to access the anime you need a VPN.
- On VPN Helpers we recommend using NordVPN.
- Visit subflicks or other subtitles sites.
- Download the subtitles and add them (The shortcut key is mentioned below) to your streaming.
Why I can’t find English subtitles now?
In this article, I’ll explain my favorite anime i.e, Jujutsu Kaisen example, and will add English subtitles on this.
I’m streaming Jujutsu Kaisen Season 1 episode 3 (S1:E3) now.
Ok, but the question is…
How did I unblock Netflix Japan?
If you don’t know how to unblock Netflix Japan and watch 100’s of lots of animes not available anywhere else in the world. Here are the steps, you can skip these if you’ve already unblocked Netflix Japan.
Steps to unblock Netflix Japan:
- Go to NordVPN (as it is very easy to install and also the most reliable VPN for streaming.)
- Install NordVPN, here is a step by step guide for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android
- Once Installed, search for Japan
- Click on it and it will connect automatically to the fastest server in Japan
- Now let’s go to Netflix and search for Jujutsu Kaisen and play.
But you can see, here the language is only Japanese and subtitles are also in Japanese.
Now here are steps to add English subtitles after following these steps you’ll be able to watch this anime or any, with English Subs.
Steps to Add English Subtitles
- Now, to add English subtitles we have to download subtitles first.
- To download, Go to subflicks or other sites for subtitles.
- Now search for the anime: Jujutsu kaisen English ( or any anime you want to watch)
- Here click on download subtitles for the episode and season you’re watching( here, downloading S01:E03).
- Click on download
- Once downloaded, locate the file and rename it.
- Now you just have to change the extension to .srt from .dxfp
- Now go back to Netflix and play the episode (Here you can see English subtitles aren’t available)
- Press keys: CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + T for Windows and Control + Option + SHIFT + T on Mac
- Now pick the file, that’s it Now you can see the English subtitle option available.
You can see here English subtitles here, now enjoy the show. Like this, you can add subtitles to any anime series or movie on Netflix.
Didn’t get the steps? Don’t worry here is the video tutorial for you:
It is really simple to add subtitles on Netflix using this method. If you are still facing any issues while adding English subtitles on Netflix then just let me know in the comments down below, I’ll help in all possible ways I can. You can check on which country your favorite anime is available on unogs.
How can I get VPN free for 30 days
If you need a VPN just for few days, you can get the best-rated VPN for free. Using NordVPN’s 30 days money-back guarantee. First, you have to pay for the subscription, but it will allow you to get full VPN access for 30 days. But after using it for a few days, you can ask for a refund before 30 days. Using their no-questions-asked refund policy you can get a refund easily.
FQs Related to Adding Subtitles
Can I get Subtitle in my Language?
We are not sure but you can try finding the subtitle available on the torrent sites (may contain in your language). But to unblock those torrent sites in your country you will need a VPN or try on checking Subflix or on other sites available.
Will a VPN slow down my internet speed?
There will be a slight speed drop in your internet speed like 10% as they have to route your traffic through another server (even if you have a good internet connection). But you can boost your VPN slowing down your speeds. But, it’s quite common that your internet connection speeds drop.
What is a VPN?
A VPN (Virtual Private Network in short) that assigns you a new IP to keep your online activities private & Hidden from ISP, Government. Helps in unblocking Streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Prime, Hotstar, and Disney+. You can also torrent with a VPN to get what you desire.
Are VPNs Legal to use?
Using VPNs to protect your personal information is completely legal anywhere in the world. But some countries impose restrictions on using VPNs like United Arabs, Russia, Iran, Iraq, etc.