You want to watch your favorite Anime on Netflix but when started streaming, unfortunately, it’s not dubbed in English and even subtitles are not available in your native language or worst they are just in Japanese.
That’s sad and really it’s difficult to enjoy anime like this.
And now you’re searching for a way to add custom subtitles somehow. Then your search ends up right on this page.
In this article, I’m going to show you how to add custom English subtitles to any Anime series on Netflix.
And also I’ll show an example, so you can see that this is actually working.
Why I can’t find English subtitles now?
In this article, I’ll explain my favorite anime i.e, Jujutsu Kaisen example, and will add English subtitles on this.
I’m streaming Jujutsu Kaisen Season 1 episode 3 (S1:E3) now.
Ok, but the question is…
How did I unblock Netflix Japan?
If you don’t know how to unblock Netflix Japan and watch 100’s of lots of animes not available anywhere else in the world. Here are the steps, you can skip these if you’ve already unblocked Netflix Japan.
Steps to unblock Netflix Japan:
- Go to NordVPN (as it is very easy to install and also the most reliable VPN for streaming.)
- Install NordVPN, here is a step by step guide for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android
- Once Installed, search for Japan
- Click on it and it will connect automatically to the fastest server in Japan
- Now let’s go to Netflix and search for Jujutsu Kaisen and play.
But you can see, here the language is only Japanese and subtitles are also in Japanese.
Now here are steps to add English subtitles after following these steps you’ll able to watch this anime or any, with English Subs.
Steps to Add English Subtitles
- Now, to add English subtitles we have to download subtitles first.
- To download, Go to subflicks or other sites for subtitles.
- Now search for the anime: Jujutsu kaisen English ( or any anime you want to watch)
- Here click on download subtitles for the episode and season you’re watching( here, downloading S01:E03).
- Click on download
- Once downloaded, locate the file and rename it.
- Now you just have to change the extension to .srt from .dxfp
- Now go back to Netflix and play the episode (Here you can see English subtitles aren’t available)
- Press keys: CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + T for Windows and Control + Option + SHIFT + T on Mac
- Now pick the file, that’s it.
You can see here English subtitles here, now enjoy the show. Like this, you can add subtitles to any anime series or movie on Netflix.
Didn’t get the steps? Don’t worry here is the video tutorial for you:
It is really simple to add subtitles on Netflix using this method. If you are still facing any issues while adding English subtitles on Netflix then just let me know in the comments down below, I’ll help in all possible ways I can.
How can I get VPN free for 30 days
If you need a VPN just for few days, you can get the best-rated VPN for free. Using NordVPN’s 30 days money-back guarantee. First, you have to pay for the subscription, but it will allow you to get full VPN access for 30 days. But after using it for a few days, you can ask for a refund before 30 days. Using their no-questions-asked refund policy you can get a refund easily.